Monday, May 2, 2011

The Obvious Topic for the Day

An eye for an eye...
or all the eyes it takes to
get the eye we want. 

The death and celebration of the death of Osama Bin Laden has left me with thoughts that many people are probably thinking, but those aren't the people posting status after status on Facebook. 

Justice is an interesting thing. As if causing pain makes your own pain feel any better. As if a death really erases another death. As if killing one man really makes the children, husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters miss there children, parents, wives, husbands, brothers, sisters any less. We can't take the eye we pluck from another and put it back in our own bleeding socket. So, what's the point in taking the eye in the first place?

I am not saying that Osama Bin Laden shouldn't have died. And I am not saying that I am not glad that I am an American. What I am saying is that Osama Bin Laden wasn't the cause terrorism. And until the world is rid of the despair, hopelessness, ignorance, and desperation that really causes terrorism, then no matter how many men, women, and children we kill, terrorism will still exist. 

Justice. That is what we are celebrating. That and politics and proven superiority.
But I don't feel any safer. And no wounds were healed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment