I solemnly swear
I will tryta' do better
next time I mess up
In the "ABOUT ME" section of this blog, there is a published lie. Go ahead and read it: it says that I, "your haiku-ist in residence" will write a haiku every day. Now, anyone who knows about a calendar can tell that I am failing to deliver on that promise.
I am sure this is bugging me a lot more than it is bugging you, dear readers. But the guilt is eating away at me. I have been debating about whether I should change the "ABOUT ME" or just try to do what the "ABOUT ME" says I will do. What a ridiculous debate to be having, right? However, after both the prosecutor and the defense stated their cases, I have decided that I am just going to leave it. I need to keep myself in check.
As I am a shifty, often-lazy person, this does not mean I will actually really do what it says and write everyday, but it does mean that I will try. So, readers (do you exist??), you can expect more out of me, but you can also expect less. Whichever you prefer.
No comments:
Post a Comment