Saturday, February 12, 2011

$5 Night

Sipping martinis 
and contemplating the arts
in a Target dress

The other night, I was just sipping a discount "Venetian Moonlight" martini the with some friends, I couldn't help but think of the irony of it. To begin with, I was in Kansas, no where near Venice. And it was too cloudy to even see the moon, let alone bask in its light. Then there was the fact that I have to wait for Birthday's and Christmas to get things like a Swiffer mop and shoes to replace the ones with holes all the way through the soles; but there I was, spending $15 on drinks with fresh raspberries floating in them. I could have easily bought a mop with that money. I was pretending to be classy, when I am not classy and cannot afford to be. But I sure do like eating those booze soaked raspberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment