Five-year-old fingers
uproot unsuspecting teeth
for Tooth Fairy change.
It appears to be wiggly tooth season for the kindergartners I work with. Everyday a new five-year-old is jiggling his tooth at me or showing me a new hole in her smile. The whole process freaks me out a little bit. They are loosing these small bones from their mouths to make room for new, larger bones to grow in. It seems pretty gross now that I am so far removed from it. But the kids are SO excited about it. They are fully dedicated to their jiggling mission!
Personally, I wish they could just keep their teeth in their mouths. The longer they can keep anything that is titled "Adult" out of their bodies, the happier I will be; but as it is with everything else, kids seem so eager to kick the baby out to let the adult in. I know they can't remain kindergartners forever, but what do they really need adult strength teeth or cell phones or divorced parents for at that age anyway. I guess I just like the thought of kids growing up too fast about as much as I like the thought of one of my teeth popping out of my gums.
No comments:
Post a Comment