Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Good Times are Killing Me

ear infections suck 
brown slime drips from my ear drum 
not good for haikus 

Forcing myself to create just a little something everyday is more difficult than expected. Even writing three short lines can be difficult when something like an ear infection/sinus infection combo sucks away all inspiration. Despite the illness, I actually had a really great weekend. I wondered an art museum, overstuffed myself with delicious food, and spend a lot of time with my favorite guy. All of this should have provided me with enough inspiration to write a few lines of poetry, but it seems that all of my creativity has just been converted to pressure in my head. 

Of course, this is a common motif in life. I think most of us are guilty of letting the small bits of bad overshadow all of the good once in a while. I certainly do. I get so distracted by the cold weather, or the long work days, or the overwhelming electricity bill, or the ear infection that I forget to remember that I am young, healthy, happy, and in love. I know it is bad, and I try my best to stay positive; but just reading my poem for today will show you, quite obviously, that I am not good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment