post-modernist?
surrealist? expressionist?
can't get past me-ist
Most nights, I start writing a haiku that doesn't just talk about my job or the weather or some other little detail of me. Maybe something about someone else for a change, you know. I think to myself, maybe, tonight, I could be a bit more creative than just writing 17 syllables of me and my simple, small-town life. But it just always turns out so unnatural that I just end up scraping it. So, I just write about me. And I try to be original about it, but trying to original is hard. So much has been done. So much has been written about. What's left?
So, here is my conundrum: I try to fit myself into one of these high literary styles, and I feel so silly that I give up. I try to write something something originally and subjectively me, and I just feel like I am creating clichés.
And here I am again. I have written myself into a ramble-corner, and I have no way out. But I think I have done enough self-loathing for the night, and as I said, I have no original, modernist, or Russian Constructionist way to conclude this... So, uh, yeah... the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment