Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oxymorons

Poor college students. 
We borrow parents' money 
for our spring break trips. 

I love to complain about being poor. But, what am I too poor to do? I still go out to dinner once a week. I still spend $20 on a night at the bars. I still buy overpriced lattes at local coffee shops. I still pay my college tuition. I still buy gas once a week to avoid waking up 30 minutes earlier to ride my expensive bike to work. I have fresh fruit in my refrigerator. I never eat canned food. My parents still pay for my health insurance, and I have never been without a place to sleep. And, although I have skipped a meal or two, I have never been hungry. And neither have my cats. I may only have $4.81 in my checking account right now, but all it takes is a phone call to my mom to fix that problem. I may only have $4.81 in my checking account right now, but there are plenty of people out there that wish they were as rich as me. 

Inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment