I learn dirty slang
from packs of giggling teens
on my Friday nights.
And my Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons, and that will probably change to my everyday in a few years. Today, I was asked for the 4th time if I knew what a certain dirty word meant. Honestly, until a bunch of middle schoolers explained it to me a few days ago, I had never even heard the term.
When I tell people, even college friends, some of the crazy things I hear these kids say, I am often met with gasps. Seriously though, come on! Don't try to pretend like you weren't surfing Urban Dictionary to make sure you weren't the one scratching your head during the dirty word huddle when you were in middle school. As we become further disconnected from passing-period gossip, we become more and more shocked by the things kids seem to be learning "these days." But do you think that the kids are really learning these things at a younger age, or are we just forgetting what we had learned when we were that age? My vote is for the latter. I say, let them giggle about it in huddles; that probably means they aren't moaning about it in pairs.
Oh, and don't google the term "blue waffle." I have not done it. A thirteen-year-old told me not to, and I trust his advice.
No comments:
Post a Comment