Sunday, March 13, 2011

Runaway Hour

Um, excuse me, ma'am,
I seem to have lost my hour. 
Didja see him run past?

Today, I woke up at 9:30 only to find out it was actually 10:30. How does that happen? I am fully in favor of the whole daylight savings time thing. I dig the extra hour of daylight in the evening and not having the sun blinding me on my way to work in the morning. But, come on, whoever runs the world clock, today was not the day for this to start. First of all, I have a zillion midterms to study for, and I need all the hours I can get. Second, my friends came to visit me yesterday so I didn't get enough sleep to begin with. And finally, daylight savings time is supposed to happen in the spring, and it is freaking snowing outside. Having an extra hour of daylight does no one any good when it is 30 degrees outside. So, come on, setters of time, try to be a little bit more considerate next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment